[Jack-Devel] Considering JamRouter, a low-jitter MIDI bridge for all Jack versions

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Jul 14 19:03:08 CEST 2017

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 18:35:53 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>Let alone that in the past we seemingly noticed that I was the most
>nitpicking person regarding MIDI jitter ;)

IOW I did much research trying to solve this issue and never heard of
JamRouter before, but Stéphane gave me the pointer to jack2's
-Xalsarawmidi years ago, a long time before jack1 provided something
similar, too.

>IMO phasex is one of the best sounding virtual synth available for
>Linux, but it was provided for a very long time with a 0 Hz bug ;).
>DC offsets aren't fun. It wasn't a minor bug.

That's one reason why I'm sceptic regarding claims about sample
accuracy, but the main reason still is related to the issues regarding
hardware and the required good luck.
--
Vote for apulse!
echo $(w3m https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/apulse |grep 'Votes:    ')