[Jack-Devel] Jack_Capture not starting anymore after having Jackd running as systemd service

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 23:27:06 CET 2018

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 11:18 PM jack at microfx.de <jack at microfx.de> wrote:

> Ah, that seems to be the problem! Thanks for the quick reply!
>
> My initial idea was to add this as well as a service but jack_capture needs user input - is this possible with a service? Like an additional script that triggers the recording?

How about letting jack_capture listen to OSC?
jack_capture --help-osc

Then you can run jack_capture as root like this:

   jack_capture --osc 7777 --filename-prefix
/recording/directory/jack_capture_recording_

And as a normal user you can run

   oscsend localhost 7777 /jack_capture/tm/start
   oscsend localhost 7777 /jack_capture/tm/stop

to start and stop recording.

Robin Gareus might help more on this, since he wrote that code.
I'm not entirely sure if this is the best way to use the OSC interface.