[Jack-Devel] How to profile jack cpu load?

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Sat Jul 14 21:28:38 CEST 2018

On Sat, July 14, 2018 2:21 pm, Tim wrote:
> All user-built software is usually installed in /usr/local.
> Most systems automatically look in /usr/local/bin FIRST
>   before /usr/bin when you type an un-pathed program name

I still don't follow how the applications (e.g. Ardour) get the correct
version of libjack.so loaded, /usr/local isn't even in the default ld
search path.  Putting a locally compiled version of jackd into
/usr/local/bin seems like a recipe for loading a new jackd executable
while having the jack-aware applications load the libjack.so that is found
in /usr/lib64/.  Am I missing something about how the shared libraries get
loaded?

--
Chris Caudle