[Jack-Devel] Jack Problems

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Mar 22 08:46:25 CET 2019

On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 03:06:07 -0400, wrote:
>The jack community must start doing something not to endorse qjackctl.
>It creates way more trouble than it solves.

Hi,

you have bad luck, but usually qjackctl does it's job without causing
trouble.

>The 1818VSL flawlessly works at least within its specs. I can use it on
>linux to play through it with pulseaudio, but NOT with jack.

A while back I tested the 1818VSL with jack2 and it worked without
issues for me. On my machine pulseaudio wasn't installed, still isn't
installed and it unlikely will ever be installed.

I can't test the 1818VSL on an up to date install, because a while back
I tested a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd gen, too and decided to buy the
18i20. The 18i20 can be used with lower latency than the 1818VSL and
important to me, it can be used with my iPads, too. However, the
1818VSL worked here. Btw. both are using the same class compliant
driver.

Could it be that pulseaudio grabs the device on your machine?

If you should need pulseaudio, you perhaps need to learn how to handle
two sound servers for one install, if not consider to remove it.

Regards,
Ralf

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-pussytoes,-cornflower,,-securityink}}|cut -d\  -f2
5.0.3.arch1-1