[Jack-Devel] Jack Problems

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 14:18:20 CET 2019

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 2:10 PM Sunset Tech <swansong.tech at gmail.com> wrote:
> Furthmore I do not believe it can be That much trouble to insert some manner of volume adjustment, eg those found in patchmatrix or mentioned so far, between those that dont.

The point isn't that its' not that much trouble to do. The point is
that it would be better if there was no trouble at all doing it. It
would be better if there was a program running all the time, which
didn't require work to start or set up, which was automatically
started for instance by qjackctl, that you could switch to to adjust
volume levels. Now you have to do all sorts of things, so instead you
normally just reach for alsamixer or a physical volume control if you
have that. If jack ports had had a gain function from the beginning,
someone would have, by all these years, made an easy to use +
no-setup-required jack mixer program (currently it's impossible to
create a program like that), and there would have been one less jack
frustration.