[linux-audio-dev] Viable multi-channel audio I/O boards for Linux ?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Nov 1 11:03:00 UTC 2002

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 07:45:16AM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> know of that support more than 10 channels of analog i/o (the midiman
> delta does 10),

just to clarify: the delta 1010 has 8 analog i/o.
The other 2 channels are S/PDIF.

The 1010 has word-clock sync so you *should* be able
to run 2 of them together for 16 analog I/O, or 3 for 24;
i know people do it regularly under Windows, but I don't know what's
involved in doing that on Linux. Probably some
black magic in .asoundrc.

But for the price of a pair of 1010s you could just as easily get
a Hammerfall and some cheapish converters.
Creamware's A16 Ultra might do the job, if I read the specs
right: looks like it has 16 channels of I/O, 2 ADAT connectors
(8 channels each), and price of US $1k.
Or a pair of Alesis AI3, which would definitely do the trick
and sell for US $400 each.

--PW

--

Paul Winkler