[linux-audio-dev] Viable multi-channel audio I/O boards for Linux ?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Nov 1 12:59:01 UTC 2002

>OTOH, doesn't the Hammerfall DSP have a multi-channel analog interface
>as one of its options?

you can get the interface card plus either:

    multiface I/O: 8 analog in+out, plus 8 (or is it 16) digital in+out
    digiface + external converters: up to 26 in+out

RME make external converters, as do several other companies. There
doesn't seem to much market interest in more than 8 channels per box,
though creamware and i think rme/steinberg now do sell such things. i
talked with frontier designs, who make the tango24, about doing this,
and they weren't interested.

the final related hardware, of course, are the new MOTU units, which
pack loads and loads of analog I/O into a 2U device, and then ship the
digital results in a format that nobody else can use :(

--p