[linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler vs Halion PR war

Richard A. Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Tue Nov 12 11:31:01 UTC 2002

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:45:04 +0100 (CET), Tim Goetze wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Paul Davis wrote:
> >>   It isn't my intention to flame you, but has anyone here actually read and
> >>studied the patent? Have you? I haven't. Someone said they had a copy? Let's
> >>hear a listing of what the actual patent claims are before we create a
> >>defense.
> >
> >i've read the patent.
>
> i assume paul knows what he's talking about, and i agree
> completely to his opinion.

I'll second that.  I have copies of both patents.  I've read them but
Paul seems to have a much better handle on what thier claims are.  If
you are still interested contact me and I'll try to eek out some time
to re-read and list the specific claims.

I haven't compared the differences between the first patent and the
second one (which is a re-issue of the first one) but it seems to
just add some more generic claims.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith at bitworks.com               479.846.5777 x104