[linux-audio-dev] some interesting docs for 2.6 testers...

Michael Ost most at museresearch.com
Wed Jul 23 13:34:01 UTC 2003

Is anyone seeing problems with SCHED_FIFO thread priority and the new
threading model in the 2.5/2.6 kernel? I read that the mode isn't
supported. But it (or something that works like it) is fundamentally
important to my Linux audio application. My audio thread has gotta have
uninterrupted, top priority scheduling.

There was the start of a thread on this on this mailing list about a
month ago, but I didn't see many follow up messages. Perhaps some of you
who are trying to use the new kernel have some information to share.

Thanks... mo

Michael Ost, Software Architect
Muse Research, Inc.
most at museresearch.com