[linux-audio-dev] I have a big question about the future of horgand ...and needs opinion ...

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Wed Jun 25 10:26:01 UTC 2003

holborn wrote:

> First i want to tell something ... now i'm learning how to do a automake,
> autoconf ... scripts for add gettext support in order to enable
> internationalization of Horgand, also in v1.02 i will add a easy way to edit
> bass lines and drum loops.

Hi Josep:

  First of all, thank you for Horgand, it's really a lot of fun and
shows a lot of promise. I haven't got it all figured out yet, but I am
having fun playing around with it.

> All of this things ... becomes in the big question .... why use audio to do an
> organ with auto-accompaniment? ... is better stop horgand and do it in MIDI
> like Band in a Box?
>
> I really need opinion beacause i dont know what to do.

That's a tough call. Perhaps for now you should consider making your
present design as powerful as possible, without actually redesigning
Horgand. You might later use it as a design framework for a BIAB-type
application, utilizing a soundfont player for your audio/MIDI resource ?
As the owner of a rack full of external MIDI gear, I hate to say this
but it does seem like the day of the external MIDI synth is surely
passing...

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

	The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org