[linux-audio-dev] midi keyboard & alsa & timidiy suspend my whole system !!

hexe_2003 at directbox.com hexe_2003 at directbox.com
Sat Oct 11 09:20:01 UTC 2003

Hi!

I bought a MIDI-keyboard a couple of days ago. It did not work correctly, and
I described my prob at lau. They told me that my ESS-Solo1 card is not able
to use MIDI ( under Linux or generally ?). Well, ok, I exchanged my card with my
fathers ( ES-1379 or simular ). Alsa supports it, I configured it and can listen to sounds.
If I start timidity in alsa mode ( "$ timidity -iA")  and then attach my MIDI device with
timidiy via "$ acconnect 64 128", my system completely hangs!!! I must reboot via
the reset-button!! That's exactly the problem I had while I tried it ( the  same way) with
my ESS-Solo1. Well, I am using Debian unstable, alsa version 0.9.0.beta12,  have a
2.4.21-xfs kernel installed. Secondly, RG4-sequencer is NOT able to start MIDI and
I have no sound at all. Is it alsa's fault ? Is it mine ?

greez Sascha Retzki
Verpassen Sie keine eBay-Auktion und bieten Sie bequem
und schnell über das Telefon mit http://www.telefonbieten.de

Ihre eMails auf dem Handy lesen - ohne Zeitverlust - 24h/Tag
eMail, FAX, SMS, VoiceMail mit http://www.directbox.com