[linux-audio-dev] Developing a music editor/sequencer

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Feb 5 12:09:57 UTC 2005

>So you take a widget library with a good canvas widget and you design a system
>of metric/meter rulers that can be used to allign rectangular blocks along
>horizontal lines (aka tracks). The blocks here are measures/staffs not piano
>roll notes.
>Multiple rulers are allowed, complex tempo maps should be easy etc.etc. All
>the features that are impossible with existing software.

and if you decide to use gtkmm or gtk with its canvas widget, and work
out how to draw the rulers with it, then we will happily take your
work and merge it into ardour. having per-track rulers has been a long
time goal of mine, but it can't be done until we have a visual
representation that exists on the canvas, rather than as a distinct
GTK widget (as we do now for all our time-based rulers).

--p