[linux-audio-dev] Guidelines for developing a music editor

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun May 15 04:17:16 UTC 2005

>I'd love to see a general-purpose OSC sequencer, and I'm sure others
>would too, so keep me informed if you're thinking of taking this
>approach, and maybe I can help out in some way.

i believe that i have mentioned before that the ardour project has
every intention of handling OSC more or less simultaneously with
MIDI. clearly, some of the editing facilities will differ, because OSC
has no explicit semantics for almost any message. but since they are
both byte-oriented, non-streaming protocols, it is a natural fit to
add them to ardour at the same time.

--p