[linux-audio-dev] C++ guru needed (again)

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Mon Nov 27 16:32:48 UTC 2006

Dirk Jagdmann wrote:

> those internal compiler errors are often triggered only when you
> optimize. As a workaround I would suggest you try compiling this
> particular source file with -O1 or without any -O options.
> If you don't want your complete program be compiled with optimization,
> which would occur if you disable it when calling ./configure you can
> compile this file manually by going into the frontends/ directory and
> pasting the command line with -O2. Then continue compiling with scons.

Hi Dirk,

I did as you suggested and built the module without problems. But when I
ran scons again it recompiled the object with the -O2 optimization (and
failed again, of course). So I changed the default in the SConstruct
file and built Csound5 without optimization. It compiled without trouble
and appears to be working okay. I'm still testing, but thank you for the
direction. :)

Best,

dp