[linux-audio-dev] Sound processing objects architecture, is it possible?

Stefano D'Angelo zanga.mail at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 13:19:16 UTC 2007

2007/1/23, Steve Harris <steve at plugin.org.uk>:

> On 23 Jan 2007, at 12:17, Stefano D'Angelo wrote:
> >>
> >> You need to read the spec again.
> >>
> >> The terminology is confused, not least in the spec documents, but a
> >> single .lv2 "plugin" can host multiple effects with different ports
> >> and so on.
> >>
> >> - Steve
> >>

> > Oops... seems like I'm a bit confused! Well, I'm going to reread the
> > LV2 spec and try to figure out how to manage this kind of situations.
> > Sorry for wasting your time!
>
> Not at all, at the very least it points out that the LV2 spec needs
> to be clearer, and probably needs better examples.
>
> - Steve

Well, maybe it's because I'm not very good at English :-)
However I have another question: how would a LV2 VST loader plugin
could communicate to the host a VST plugin info? This could be done
only via an extension?

Then, if I understood correctly, such LV2 VST loader plugin, when
asked for effects, should return a list of all effects of all VST
plugins it knows about?

Stefano