[LAD] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Dec 16 01:51:51 UTC 2008

Arnold Krille wrote:
> You do have two different versions installed. This _is_ a messed up system. Why don't you try
> to clean that up

I need to find out how to do this. After I upgraded my Suse 11.0 from
jackd 0.109 to jackd 0.116 by using YaST2, it was broken. Maybe not the
way it's broken now, but jackd started with an error, then I downgraded
to 0.109, the version that was fine before, but it didn't repair the
system, jackd still was broken.

When I'm writing of downgrading, I mean first to remove by YaST2 and
then to install, but YaST seems to keep some libs. I tried what was
posted at the Ardour page, rm some libs* using a terminal, but until now
it's still broken. I can restore a backup by rsync, but I would like to
repair it.

The discussion about knowledge is invalid, because it doesn't has to do
with the problem and just is guessed and it's a typical German problem.