[LAD] A small article about tools for electronic musicians

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 09:54:59 UTC 2010

Hey Lorenzo!

The point is not extreme. It deals with music which requires sound
manipulation. Thanks to everybody's feedback, I might change the wording to
better explain what I mean. As stated in the article, by electronic musician
there I mean a musician who manipulates sound. Usually, it is ambient-kinda
music, like this:
http://www.louigiverona.ru/?page=projects&s=music&t=catalogue&num=5

If you listen to that, it is a whole class of electronic music. Having an
app like Rakarrack is key for that kind of music - in fact, it is all about
transforming sounds, there are no melodies in a strict sense of the word.
Prior to Rakarrack I was on my way to installing Windows XP on another
laptop for music. Now that plan is put to a halt.

So my article is for a rather niche kind of composers, but it is a niche I
want the devs to know about.

L.V.