[LAD] Hydrogen and jackmidi

alex stone compose59 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 11:57:23 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Adrian Knoth <adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 10:33:57AM +0000, alex stone wrote:
>
>> > The JACK MIDI code was contribued (by me) while H2 was on a feature freeze
>> Gabriel, just thinking out loud here, but do you think there's any
>> mileage in creating a JACK audio and midi only version of hydrogen?
>
> How about talking to upstream again and trying to get things merged?
> This could mean a lot of work, but in the end, nobody needs the (n+1)th
> fork of something.
>
> And while at it, make it a LV2 plugin. ;)
>

> Cheerio
>
> --
> mail: adi at thur.de       http://adi.thur.de      PGP/GPG: key via keyserver
>
> If nobody answers the front door, knock on the back.

Adrian, no offence intended, it's been my user experience that
anything that has portaudio or portmidi involved, is prone to
challenges. I'm thinking a "pure' jack build here.

I'm not sure about hydrogen as an lv2 plugin either. I can't see where
this would be useful, although others might disagree, showing valid
use cases.

Alex.

--
www.openoctave.org