[LAD] announcing envy24control, mudita (*) edition.

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 00:00:23 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Tim E. Real <termtech at rogers.com> wrote:
> CPU 20% on idle, and when adjusting sliders it's around 50%. All OK.

Is this more CPU load or less than the original envy24control? It
should be a lot less load.

> Can't resize height below certain amount - it's too tall.
> I don't see what tab or control is preventing it.
> Maybe the analog volume controls...
> Ah - maybe their slider scale markings and numbers.
> Too many of them vertically?

Yes, something in there is making it very tall, which is why I
switched to defaulting "--tall_eq_mixer_heights 1" (get old behavior
by setting to 0).
If anybody has suggestions on shrinking the sliders in "Analog
Volumes" I'm all ears. I was a but stumped at their resistance to
changing height, and gave up.

> I too noticed odd monitor and volume slider behaviour, not present
>  in the original mixer.
> The slider knobs have a large amount of 'hysteresis', that is they
>  don't move until you move the mouse a large amount.

See my response to Fons.

Thanks for the feedback!

-- Niels
http://nielsmayer.com