[LAD] announcing envy24control, mudita (*) edition.

Tim E. Real termtech at rogers.com
Mon Jul 26 19:37:30 UTC 2010

On July 26, 2010 03:35:43 pm you wrote:
> I'd have a better advantage if I had the motivation to add tooltips or
> a language catalog, which sounds very tedious to try and do by myself.
> Of course, if someone else wants to work on it, I'd be happy to
> investigate and integrate any patches coming my way. Right now I'd
> want to focus on correcting existing problems and submitting that as a
> patch to ALSA.

Yeah, don't worry too much about it. After all, it was my own fault
 about that lock control for not 'knowing my card', and I overreacted a bit.
Plus, anyone with one of these cards is likely to have bought it themselves
 and/or have a manual, as I do. So tooltips may be nice but unnecessary here.
And tooltips would not have clued me into why I had no Flash audio, he he...

> PS: Just learned of another ICE1712-based interface -- that isn't
> recognized by Linux and that comes up with ADC/DAC's totally
> unrecognized by snd-ice1712 -- and that fortunately causes the entire
> "Analog Volume" panel to not show (as opposed to crashing), but
> otherwise the new envy24control does allow mixer control of it...
> http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug02/articles/edirolda2496.asp (looks
> nice the Roland/Edirol DA2496). Meanwhile, pictures show Fons using
> the http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct99/articles/terratec.htm .
> Keeping same A/D-D/A section, the follow-on offering
> http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr04/articles/terratecphase88.htm
> ........  leading me to conclude that of all the ice1712 interfaces,
> the Delta 1010 has the best converters, using AK5383 versus AK4524
> (Delta 44/66/1010lt & all terratec's from dmx6fire to phase88).
I'm following these other posts. Interesting variations. Nice to know my card
 is good.

Tim.