[LAD] Native LV2 port of mdaEPiano VSTi

Igor Brkic igor at hyperglitch.com
Mon Oct 18 18:37:17 UTC 2010

On 18.10.2010 03:05, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to announce that my LV2 port of the famous mda e-piano
> plug-in is ready for download! [1]
>
> When I was checking out the mda-lv2 ports, I noticed that the
> instruments were not actually playable. I could not get them to work
> in either lv2_jack_host or in Ardour2 or Ardour3.
>
> So , here is the first and only (to my knowledge) native LV2 port of
> the mda e-piano. There is no GUI yet, but once I figured out how to
> add a GUI I'll be adding one.
>
> I'd be very happy to receive comments and suggestions on the code.
> My next target will be the mdaPiano plug-in---I might actually start
> soon when the GUI stuff causes me too much of a headache...
>
> Best,
> Rekado

Hi Rekado!

I tried plugin and it sounds pretty good. It will be valuable addition
to LV2 synths when it's finished.

I looked at the code a bit. Maybe you already solved this, but you had a
typo in mdaEPianoGUI.cpp file. It caused a runtime error so GUI couldn't
be instantiated. You wrote the first line in class definition like:

class mdaEPianoGUI : public LV2::GUI<mdaEPianoGUI, LV2::URIMap<true>,
LV2::WriteMIDI<false> >{

but it sould be:

class mdaEPianoGUI : public LV2::GUI<mdaEPianoGUI>, LV2::URIMap<true>,
LV2::WriteMIDI<false> {

After changing that GUI is shown, but compiler reports that write_midi()
function is not in the scope (didn't solve that problem - I just
commented it out :)).

Cheers!
Igor