[LAD] sliders/fans

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Thu Nov 24 20:57:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 09:31:22PM +0100, hermann wrote:

> A click to "go here", seems on the other hand like a bad Idea for me.

It's almost always a bad idea - there is no corresponding action
using a 'real' control.

But there are some alternative uses. I've been using R-click for

* On an EQ: go to zero dB gain (bypass the section), next R-click
restores the previous value.

* On Aux sends or in general gain controls: go to 'off', next
click restores the previous gain value.

In both cases the widget can show the 'stored' value, e.g. by a
second, lower contrast line on a rotary knob.

* On panpots: go to the next of C, L, R. If the last R-click
was more than a few seconds ago, always start the sequence
with C.

There must be many other uses of such a system.

Ciao,

--
FA

Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.