[LAD] Floss alternative to red5

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Feb 28 11:28:02 UTC 2013

On Thu, February 28, 2013 8:16 pm, APO33 wrote:
> Hi Jonathan, Jeremy, Patrick,
> We are testing a lot webRTC of course! it's seems one of the main
> amazing AV web developpement because of html5 being such easy and
> great, should we say futur standard or is it already one?
> Also do you think html5 and the work of access local and display could
> be implemented without webRTC with getUserMedia(, createObjectURL? and
> for example only use the audio... I am watching the conference at the
> moment, mayeb she have the answer?!!
> I am wondering if we could also combined gstreamer+html5 (or other
> audio good floss software) on a server...

Yes it is possible t use gstreamer or icecast, shoutcast.

> So for you webRTC is THE solution for AV web based project alternative
> to red5 and flash?

It's the open standard which is being promoted by Google, Apple, Mozilla,
etc... You can feel confident that it will not be a waste of your time to
build with it.

>Is anyone have tested anything using python or java?

It is trivial to produce html5 with python or java. What specific
functionality are you planning/looking for?

> thank for your answers!
>
> cheers
>
> Julien

>>> his
>>> browser.
>>>
>>> Did you already take a look at the possibilities of WebRTC?
>>> http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webrtc/basics/
>>
>> There was also a presentation by Silvia Pfeiffer at linux.conf.au about
>> the
>> use of WebRTC to do non-centralised video conferencing.  It was at 10:40
>> in
>> MCC3 on Wednesday if you are looking at the program at
>>
>>   http://lca2013.linux.org.au/programme/schedule
>>
>> At some point the videos and slides will be linked to this, but in the
>> meantime the abstract can be found here:
>>
>>   http://lca2013.linux.org.au/schedule/30040/view_talk?day=None
>>
>> The video is currently available at
>>

>> http://mirror.linux.org.au/linux.conf.au/2013/ogv/Code_up_your_own_video_conference_in_HTML5.ogv
>>
>> or other formats (webm, mp4) at