[LAD] Carla (was... whatever)

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Dec 10 10:47:29 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 09:33:25AM +0100, Filipe Coelho wrote:

> You're missing the fact that all of these are optional dependencies.
> Nothing in carla is a real build-time dependency.

So that means that the following (from The AUR PKGBUILD file) is
mostly wrong:

depends=('file' 'fftw' 'fluidsynth' 'glu' 'liblo' 'linuxsampler' 'mxml' 'ntk-git' 'projectm' 'python' 'python-pyqt5' 'qt5-svg' 'zlib')
makedepends=('gtk2' 'gtk3' 'python-pyliblo' 'python-rdflib' 'qt4' 'zynaddsubfx')
optdepends=(
  'gtk2: LV2 GTK2 UI support'
  'gtk3: LV2 GTK3 UI support'
  'python-pyliblo: OSC support'
  'python-rdflib: LADSPA-RDF support'
  'qt4: LV2 QT4 UI support'
  'zynaddsubfx: ZynAddSubFX banks'
)

Even if this is 'WoefulDerelict' (the packager) mixing things up,
I still don't get why fluidsynth, linuxsampler and zynaddsubfx are
there - unless upstream somehow indicated they should be.
You mentioned you worked on having zyn 'inside carla', but why
should any synth ever be a built-in part of a plugin host ?
Same about projectm (which seems to be some music visualisation
gadget, nothing at all to do with even semi-pro audio).

If you could provide a correct version of the above that would
be most useful.

Ciao,

--
FA