[LAD] ( Custom Arch Linux or Custom Ubuntu Studio ) for ( Proffesional Audio & Game Audio Development )

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Jul 1 18:38:30 CEST 2018

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 12:28 PM, Juan BioSound <biosoundsystems at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi !!!
>
> I've been some years with linux but I'm not an expert. I only use Ubuntu,
> Ubuntu Studio and CentOS for 10 years.
>
> Now, I want to be a proffesional audio developer, and is VERY FRUSTATING
> to my return to windows.

​what does "professional" mean in this context?​\

> So,
>
> [ 1 ] I want build a custom live linux system in USB or CD...for audio
> production for audio designers and enginners and for evangelist linux as I
> can.

​Instead of re-inventing the wheel, at least start by looking at existing
versions of this, such as AVLinux. I am sure Glenn could use help, and
AVLinux is already well-proven and solid. ​

> [ 2 ] I want, also, some way to build audio game engine tools, but Unreal4
> or Unity 3D isn't work on linux at now, some suggest for my frustation ???

​I don't know much about "audio game engine tools" but from the bits that
I've read, they mostly seem to be very simple mixing and processing
frameworks. I don't know what else they add, but if I was starting out on a
task like this, I personally would just start from scratch, because there
doesn't seem to be very much added value in the audio side of these
"engines".​ sure, maybe a simple API for "play this audio file starting in
1.29 seconds". not much else.,
​