[LAD] LAM

Tim termtech at rogers.com
Tue Nov 20 21:27:53 CET 2018

On 11/18/2018 03:22 AM, Will Godfrey wrote:
> Linux Audio Music has been dormant for a very long time, but recently I
> contacted the the person who hosted and ran it.
>
> The reason he closed it was because of a serious vulnerability was discovered in
> Rails, and he no longer had time to do the necessary upgrades.
>
> However, he has told me that he still has the entire database and the code. In
> his own words:
> "... would be happy to host and do what I can to facilitate a handoff to
> someone else who wants to manage it."
>
> For anyone who doesn't know, this was a relatively simple and clean site aimed
> specifically at providing a home for tracks composed with Linux - something
> rather rare!

I would like to suggest that contributors be strongly encouraged
  to upload PROJECTS, not just finished songs.
This would be far more valuable to a Linux user and would warrant
  the made with Linux tag.
Users could download projects for Ardour, QTractor, MusE and so on.
They could learn not just what the finished song sounds like,
  but actually how it was made and how to accomplish composition,
  arrangements, mixing, engineering, and so on.

It would be ironic that it would be called music made with
  Linux and yet might only offer closed, finished songs.

Who cares what was used to make a closed, finished song?
Who purposely searches for finished songs made with Linux over
  songs made with something else?

Tim.