[LAD] LAM

drew Roberts zotzbro at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 01:42:37 CET 2018

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 4:45 PM Tim <termtech at rogers.com> wrote:

> On 11/18/2018 03:22 AM, Will Godfrey wrote:
> > Linux Audio Music has been dormant for a very long time, but recently I
> > contacted the the person who hosted and ran it.

 <snip>

> I would like to suggest that contributors be strongly encouraged
>   to upload PROJECTS, not just finished songs.

+1,+1,+1,...

This would be far more valuable to a Linux user and would warrant
>   the made with Linux tag.
> Users could download projects for Ardour, QTractor, MusE and so on.
> They could learn not just what the finished song sounds like,
>   but actually how it was made and how to accomplish composition,
>   arrangements, mixing, engineering, and so on.

And if it gets too big... (for instance in the case of ardour and actual
multitrack audio recording) at least a "cleaned up" project with all the
unused takes removed etc. to make it a little easier to deal with.

> It would be ironic that it would be called music made with
>   Linux and yet might only offer closed, finished songs.
>
> Who cares what was used to make a closed, finished song?
> Who purposely searches for finished songs made with Linux over
>   songs made with something else?
>
> Tim.
>
> all the best,

drew