[LAD] pipewire

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Mon Jan 17 14:56:30 CET 2022

Hello all,

I'd like to test pipewire as a replacement for Jack (on Arch),
and have been reading most (I think) of the available docs.

What is clear is that I will need to install the pipewire
and pipewire-jack packages.

And then ?

How do I tell pipewire to use e.g. hw:3,0 and make all of
its 64 channels appear as capture/playback ports in qjackctl ?

Note: I do not have anything PulseAudio (like pavucontrol)
installed and don't want to either. If that would be a
requirement then I'll just forget about using pipewire.

TIA,

--
FA