[LAT] [Fwd: [pure:dyne] a working rt-kernel -- please test]

aymeric mansoux aymeric at goto10.org
Fri Aug 8 06:59:24 EDT 2008

krgn said :
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 12:04 AM, krgn <k.gebbert at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > one or 2 quick addedums:
> >
> > ubuntu hardy kernel works great for me. it is presumably compiled with a
> > different version of gcc, 4.2.3. could this be the source of the problems?
> >

> oops, I sent too early: one thing I will test is to compile the exact
> version of ubuntu kernel with same config on my machine and run it - if it
> hard locks that I'll look into how to change the default compiler and try to
> compile the other kernels with that, just to rule this out as a source for
> problems.

Yes I was going to suggest that, if you think your system is the source
of the problem and generates bogus binaries, then get the deb source of
the ubuntu rt kernel and compile it locally. (don;t forget to apply the
patches).

On the config side,
one thing to check as well, is the default ARCH that the kernel is
compiled for, all the p:d style kernel config are set to PIII, I would
imagine a generic Ubuntu kernel is just plain Pentium.

a.