[LAT] 2.6 stable

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Wed Aug 20 05:06:13 EDT 2008

Hi Aymeric,

> and will switch to karsten's 2.6.24.7-rt17-pure soonish.
> And this will also be the default p:d kernel for the next liveCD
> release, as it seems 25 and 26 are too dodgy at the moment.
>
> If all goes well, we could use this kernel config as a basis for a
> common effort to build a LAT kernel

I'm very much in favour of that, because it means we can bring our
combined resources and communities to the quality assurance process.

Having a reference implementation of the kernel might also help us to
work with audio hardware manufacturers, because it would enable us to be
definitive about whether a particular piece of hardware was supported or
not, and apply fixes where required. For example, we used to be able to
say that M Audio devices were generally supported, but the newest
hardware revision of the Delta range is problematic with current ALSA,
and the new M Audio multichannel USB 2.0 interfaces are not class
compliant either.

Cheers!

Daniel