[linux-audio-user] Acid for Linux ?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Dec 8 21:50:01 EST 2002

Gerasimos Grammatikopoulos wrote:

> If someone told me "hey, what do you expect? there is only a given number of
> open source programmers familiar with the specific pains of music apps. Now
> either contribute or shut up" I'd have to agree with him. But saying that
> music apps in linux/Unix _must_ be tougher to use than their
counterparts in
> other OSes is IMHO simply wrong.

I didn't.

AFAICT using alsaplayer with some effects almost achieves the same
results as acid. But I have never used ACID so I can't qualify that.

When I add the ability to set loop points then alsaplayer should be very
close.

There is also TerminatorX which achieves very similar results.

And another is spiral loops.

What is hard about these apps?

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman