[linux-audio-user] vumeters when you're recording sound

juto aviten periclite at free.fr
Thu Aug 7 06:26:01 EDT 2003

> There are a few ways to so it.
>
> Qarecord from the qalsatools has it, as well as ecawave and maybe snd
> too. You can also use meterbridge or ardour if you are recording
> through a jack setup.
>
> I tried using qarecord for a large session (90 minutes) and it failed
> to record more than 2 minutes. When I stopped it spent about 20
> minutes counting down all the bytes it had captured (supposedly). I
> assume it records to RAM. IIf this didn't happen I would use it all
> the time to record jams.
>
> Matthias. Can you fill us in on why that would happen?

HI,
I've got problem with snd to record, ecawave 0.60 do not have any
recording option as i saw??
And jack is not configured on my machine yet and I need a little bit of
time to do it
 also

>If you have a soundcard with a supported chipset, then the
>envy24control utility has good meters. The M Audio Delta series and
>the ST Audio cards, for instance

i've just intalled it mdk.rpm installed it but the app don't appear : terminal said : snd_ctl_open: No such file or directory

Strange that they don't think about vumeters in Audacity...

juto