[linux-audio-user] Linux multimedia distributions

linuxmedia4 at netscape.net linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Thu Feb 6 12:18:00 EST 2003

>Ismael Valladolid Torres schrieb:
>> I am interested in current Linux distributions oriented to multimedia
>> and more specifically audio (professionally or hobbyist oriented).
>>
>> I have located this ones:
>>
>> Demudi - http://www.demudi.org/
>> Planet CCRMA - http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/
>>
>> I have heard about AGNULA and Rehmudi (a RedHat based Demudi, which in
>> turn is based in Debian?) but I haven't been successful locating
>> information about them.

> Frank Barknetch Wrote:
>AGNULA has two parts, Remudi and Demudi. Remudi uses the rpm-package
>manager, Demudi uses the Debian packages manager dpkg.
>
>Planet CCRMA is a collection of rpm packages for audio software, not a
>distribution (I think). As a long time Debian user I sometimes use the
>Demudi distribution as a kind of Planet-collection for sound packages that
>haven't found their way into debian yet.

If you are looking for a completly new distribution, I have to tell you that I have been very pleased with SuSE 8.1. It seems to have a good variety of Music/Sound apps and always delivers what it says it will. My sound card configured without a hitch (Soundblaster Live! 5.1). Except for the program "Muse", I can't think of any other Music/Sound programs that didn't work they way they were supposed to.

Good Luck,
Rocco