[linux-audio-user] problem with snd

Frank Pirrone fpirrone at localnet.com
Wed Jan 29 21:55:00 EST 2003

Using the current Planet CCRMA rpms on a RedHat 8.0 system running ALSA,
lowlat kernel, etc.  I get the following error when trying to execute
the graphical snd linked to openmotif:

Xlib:  extension "NV-GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Segmentation fault

Snd and its tools work fine at the console, but this gui problem has me
stumped.  My Dell 410 Workstation has the NVIDIA/TNT2 video chipset but
I am running the distro's XFree86 driver not the chipmaker's accelerated
one.  I'm assuming this NV-GLX in the error message is in reference to a
video configuration problem.

I guess I'm not making this sound like a Linux-audio problem, but
afterall, it is snd.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Frank