[linux-audio-user] Cactus Data Shield copy controlled cd's

iriXx m at iriXx.org
Fri Jul 4 05:46:01 EDT 2003

Larry Troxler wrote:

> Has anyone on this list actually made serious use of a CD-rom to soundcard
> analog connection? The idea sounds stupid to me, but maybe the noise issue
> isn't nearly as bad as I think it would be.

yeah, if the quality of cable is reasonable its not bad. i only have PCs
(and laptops) to play my CDs in - but i do notice a bit of noise. i've
taken care to position the wire well away from the rest of my cards and
drives - i previously had a wire of lesser quality which picked up all
the noise from my 4 scsi hard drives inside the case. its still not
perfect but okay.....

m~

--
  ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     HTTP 503: Too Busy

  .::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.

Musicians say No to RIAA Persecution and Prosecution of Music Lovers!

Sign the petition at http://www.copyleftmedia.org.uk/justsayno/