[linux-audio-user] Could my system be harmed by "pop"

iriXx m at iriXx.org
Sat Jun 14 08:34:01 EDT 2003

um as a general rule its not advised to reboot while the volume's up,
because thuds can damage monitor speakers... turning down the faders is
reccomended :). my system has always done that when rebooting - and yes,
i forget all too often and get blasted with a thud out of my MSP-5's...

hey patrick have you tried this with the quattro yet?... its better than
a thud (and probably more damaging for my monitors)... you get this
interesting digital glissando that starts high and then as it comes
through the mid range it makes horrible decimated noises... i should
sample it one day....

but if you really want to harm your system without the use of pop
music... skip over to the linux-dell-laptops mailing list and check the
thread 'Drop your Dell. See what happens.' disappointingly... nothing
happens. theres one thing to be said for dragging round a ten ton weight
of a laptop....

m~

Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:

--
  ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     HTTP 503: Too Busy

  .::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.

             gnupg key ID: AEB7A31E