[linux-audio-user] How can I make CDDB info become the file name?

Steven P. Ulrick spu at faith4miracle.org
Thu Mar 20 10:13:59 EST 2003

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:15:48 +0400
Guy Clotilde <guy.clotilde at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> I think grip can help you:
> in the config window there is:
> extraction prog: /usr/bin/cdda2wav
> command line option: -D %C -x -H -t %t -O wav %w
> file format: /BURN/%A/%d/%t_%n.wav   (with a /BURN directory on your
> disk) It works for me.
>
> Have a nice day
> Guy CLO~
Hello, Guy :)
Thank you very much for your response :)  As I said in my original
message, I am willing to learn: the interpretation of that statement in
this context is that I need a little more help, as I don't completely
understand some things about the command you sent.

Just for example, assuming an eleven track cd, what would the exact
syntax of the cdda2wav command be that I would need to accomplish what I
want?  Quite frankly, I can tell from comparing what you sent to the
cdda2wav man page, that this should work, but I haven't been able to
figure out the exact syntax.  For example, I think I understand the
command line option part, and I understand that %t is to be replaced
with the track range, but after trying to do one track (-t 1), all
eleven (1-11) and (1-) with the hope of ripping all eleven tracks, using
just the command line option part, I get the following in /BURN:
audio.wav  Obviously from my last statement, my current problem seems to
be my unlearnedness relating to how I should implement the "file
format:" part.
Any help you can give me in getting me the exact syntax I need is
greatly appreciated :)

Thanks again :)
Steven P. Ulrick