[linux-audio-user] SCMS concerns (was: (semi)professional "field" recording work, what to use?)

Wilbert Berendsen wilbert at oswf.org
Wed May 14 06:42:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 14 May 2003 10:29, Anahata wrote:

> For the cost of the HHB potable recorder, you could buy a consumer
> minidisc recorder *and* and a consumer home MD deck which does have
> digital outputs.  This is what I do, and transfer the MD to the deck if
> I want to get the sound in to the PC.

I could buy e.g. a Terratec EWX 2496 which seems to work well under Linux,
optically connected to a MD deck and use a portable recorder.

Won't I run into problems with SCMS (Serial Copy Management System)?
Does SCMS also apply to my own vanilla recordings?

Groet,
Wilbert

--
Wilbert Berendsen (http://www.xs4all.nl/~wbsoft/)