[linux-audio-user] Jack transport...

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 16 03:27:32 EST 2003

Hi,

I believe jack_transport, JOQ's new implementation, is
a standard part of jackd--doesn't require compile time
flags. Jackd does not require runtime flags to detect
clients that include jack_transport capabilities.

Consequently, if either Ardour or Rosegarden included
the transport functionality, issuing transport
commands from either will cause the other to respond
in sync. Very user friendly.

The old jack transport sync capability is still
working, I think, but deprecated. Ardour supports the
old sync and JAMin supports the new implementation. So
I suspect you could sync Ardour and JAMin. Might be
worth trying just to see it.

ron