[linux-audio-user] HDSP and "play"

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Fri Sep 26 14:24:01 EDT 2003

> This sounds a bit like what Mark Knecht was describing that was happening
> with his HDSP
>
> he downgraded the HDSP firmware from rev 68 to rev 65...

Yes, but the problem is that RME made a mess of their product names, so I do
not know what hardware he is speaking of in this thread.

For the record, I (and Aaron I believe) do not own the 'HDSP', which I think
is the PCI card that works with the DigiFace & MultiFace. (Others might have
a different opinion of what the 'HDSP' is. Maybe it's just an acronym for
the 'Hammerfall DSP' which is only a product line name and not an actual
product.)

I own an HDSP 9652. This problem does sound a bit like my experience with
rev 68 firmware on my HDSP 9652 with the unpatched CVS 0.9.6 driver.

Please, to everyone, try to give the complete name of your hardware as the
solutions for the HDSP 9652 are completely separate from the HDSP/DF/MF
solutions which are completely different from the HDSP 9632 also.

what a mess, 'eh? ;-)

- Mark