[linux-audio-user] pd vs. supercollider

Michal Seta mis at creazone.32k.org
Wed Apr 21 08:59:57 EDT 2004

Tim Blechmann <TimBlechmann at gmx.net> writes:

> that was my idea ... pd's gui, sc's dsp
> i haven't fully understood pd's dsp engine, but i don't know if it's so
> good, that dsp and gui are that connected to each other ... so if i
> would rebuild my pd patch, i'll devide it into two seperate pieces, one
> dsp and one gui block that run in different instances ... and if i'd do
> that, why not change the dsp engine ...

Tim, have you followd a bit the posts by Mathieu Bouchard on the
pd-list?  He's the one who branched out the pd-dev version and called
it impd (impure data).  Part of the work he's doing with it is to
sseparate the core pd engine from the GUI.  So, since you're already
familiar with pd impd may be interesting to look at.  I'm afraid that
right now it's a little frustrating to try to get some serious work
done with impd but Mathieu is working quite fast.

I gotta run to work right now but in the meantime you can check
#dataflow channel on irc.freenode.net and see if matju is there...
Otherwise can provide more info/links if need be later on.

--
	      _
      __  __ (_)___   Michal Seta