[linux-audio-user] Christoph's Notes WAS: [ANN] Downloadable Linux Audio Live CD ISO

Dan Harper tech at danharper.org
Mon Dec 13 21:59:48 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 20:01 -0500, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 01:03:07AM +0100, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> > * GUI applications could offer the possibility to set and
> > change the MIDI and audio connections from within the
> > program's interface.
>
> I don't want a million apps doing this personally...
> one app like qjackconnect should do the trick.

Well, I agree with Christoph.

I think all his points were important for the LAD community to hear.

Christoph, you may like to send those points to the Developer list as
some developers don't subscribe to the users list.

The GUI programs should have that functionality IMO, you can always
fiddle around as much as you want in qjackconnect if you like.  Having
the functionality in a program doesn't restrict you from using an
external program like qjackconnect.

I think the Linux audio apps have come a long way and I'd be excited to
see developers take the next step and make their programs easier to use
and more polished.

IMO anything that makes a program crash (like losing Jack connectivity)
is a bug, pure and simple.  The program should handle this gracefully,
without question.

Dan

--
Dan Harper