[linux-audio-user] [ANNOUNCE] rtc based MTC generator

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Dec 19 13:37:13 EST 2004

tim hall writes:
> While we're at it, what's the chance of tuning mains hum up to an
> actual concert 'A' or even down to a concert 'G' (about 46Hz by my
> calculations). OK, I know what the realistic answer is, but how many times
> have you wished that the mains hum was at least IN TUNE! :-)

Many a time here. Frankly, I even consider this discrepency a stress
contributor on the planet.

I wish we could get the U.S./Japan/etc to come down from 60 and Europe
to go up from 50 and split the difference at 55 Hz thus bringing the
planet back in tune.But then 440 isn't that solidly entrenched a
standard either.

--

				Janina Sajka, Chair
				Accessibility Workgroup