[linux-audio-user] Python or Perl for daily audio scripts?

Ruth A. Kramer rhkramer at fast.net
Sun Dec 19 17:19:57 EST 2004

> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:10:48 -0500, Brett McCoy
> <idragosani at chapelperilous.net> wrote:
> >
> > I'd say take a look at both languages and try to write something simple first
> > and see which one feels better for you.

If you need to learn the language (Perl or Python), I'd take at least a
brief look at Ruby before deciding.  I'm just starting to learn Ruby, I
spent about a month "learning" Python, and so far, there are several
things I like better in Ruby.  (strings are, iiuc, mutable by default,
typing is much less of an issue (but, I don't really recall, off hand,
how much of an issue it what is Python).

Randy Kramer