[linux-audio-user] Next video

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Fri Dec 31 10:44:07 EST 2004

Christoph Eckert wrote:

>Well, there are some video editing tools for Linux, but I
>decided to record everything in realtime.
>
>Adding the audio tracks later will increase the needed work immensely.

Understood.

>Of course making a multi language DVD is a great idea. but I'd
>like it more if the videos are taken completely anew for the
>destination language. The reason is simple, it makes less
>sense to have a chinese language video with english UI.

Ah, of course. Not much good for a speaker of Bantu if all the text
remains in English... :)

>Furthermore, I should have created a new user on my box for
>making the videos and setting its language to en. I really
>hate the german tooltipps accidentally popping up in the
>videos ;-) .

Oh well, it adds to the international flavor of the endeavor... (or
"endeavour", as my UK friends have it)...

>And to be honest, I have three goals in mind when making the
>videos:
>
>* Reducing n00b questions in the groups
>* Help n00bs and tell them to not give up
>* Show users of other operating systems what wonderful things
>we can do with free software

Are all three videos available from any other location with a high-speed
connection ? It might be nice to have them on Pat Shirkey's site at
www.djcj.org...

>And finally (you shouldn't have asked ;-):
>
>If someone else wants to create a video showing the usage of a
>certain aspect of audio software (or any other aspect of a
>linux system, of course), I'll immediately help with all
>material and knowledge I can offer.
>
>So, returning to your question, if a native speaker wants to
>redo one of the videos, he shouldn't hesitate to order all of
>my material by email.

Very cool. Hopefully someone on the LA* lists will take up your offer.
There's certainly much more to be done...

>BTW:  The third one is not very good, I'll update it after the
>holidays.

Looking forward to the update.

Best,

dp