[linux-audio-user] Why doesn't this link work?

Christian Henz chrhenz at gmx.de
Wed Feb 11 11:58:22 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 10:48:27AM -0500, Marv Smoak wrote:
[SNIP]
> If I say open with realplay, realplay comes up and fails to play,
> complaining that "Some component is missing ..."
>
> After much searching on google and google groups, I think I've learned
> that the web site itself is failing to execute the .php file and not
> sending the stream.  I also tried using Mozilla and wget with the same
> results.

Mozilla and wget are HTTP clients, they don't unterstand RTSP, which is
Real's protocol.

The realplayer error message could mean that the stream is encoded with some newer codec that isn't available in RP8.

The link worked for me with the Real One Linux beta. Google for it, I don't have an URL ready and it is impossible to find by browsing Real's website.

cheers,
Christian Henz