[linux-audio-user] The trouble with disks

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sat Jan 3 16:08:01 EST 2004

Aha!  I knew I remembered something about Adaptec and the envy24
chipset.  Check this out:

http://www.staudio.de/kb/english/conflicts/index.html

Granted, this is the ST Audio card and a 2940 but the chipset is the
same on the audio card and the 29160 is just a faster version of the
29160 (note that there are problems with the on-board SCSI controllers
too).  After re-finding this (it's linked on my web site) I would
*definitely* recommend getting a cheap IDE drive for your audio data.

Jan