[linux-audio-user] Rosegarden-4 or Muse or...

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Wed Jan 14 06:54:07 EST 2004

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 12.43, Tommi Sakari Uimonen wrote:

> > > I just started to explore midi+wav possibilities with linux, and ended
> > > up with muse and rosegarden4. But neither of them is in
> > > production-ready state. I got rosegarden to output audio&midi and using
> > > it as I write. But it has issues that make it a bit annoying to use.
> > >
> > > With Muse 0.6.3, I didn't succeed with audio out. CVS is >0.7 but
> > > haven't tried it yet.
> >
> > Hi, here running muse 0.6.3 from planetCCRMA and using jack audio is
> > working both in playback and record mode. Timing is acceptable, sometimes
> > muse crashes (I save often :P), but I've recored along with midi tracks
> > four or five audio tracks for a three minutes song.
>
> Actually now I remember what was wrong with muse. I got audio & midi out
> yes, but rewinding the playpos didn't affect to the audio playpos, only
> midi. So it was really unusable. The audio playback continued from where
> it was paused/stopped regardless how I moved the playpos.
>
> Tommi

Right, and as I said on the muse-devel list, this is a nasty, but known,
bugger that we currently don't have a fix for.
It seemingly only affects muse if you built it with QT3.2. And moreover not
all installations with QT3.2 are affected.
If you are using qt3.1.2 you should not be affected. (If there is someone who
is I'd very much like to know about it.)

Finally, it appears not to affect muse from cvs (0.7) but that version is not
release ready.

Regards,
Robert