[linux-audio-user] Looking for a distro strategy

Greg Reddin gtreddin at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 10:07:07 EST 2004

--- Joern Nettingsmeier <nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de> wrote:
> given the price of harddisks nowadays, i'd say clone your system
> over to
> a new and possibly larger and faster disk, and start fiddling. if
> things
> go haywire, you can go back.
> you might even set up your boot loader to allow you to boot either
> system w/o the need to open the case.

I suppose I could do the same thing using a partition on one of my
existing hard disks.

I could set up a /test partition and install a "clean" distro there.
Then when i get ready to update a package I can install it and test
it in my /test environment before overwriting my production system.

I'll have to do some research on this as I don't actually know how to
do it yet but it seems simple enough :-)

Greg