[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] new LADSPA plugins

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jan 25 08:11:19 EST 2004

Hallo,
Tom Szilagyi hat gesagt: // Tom Szilagyi wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > I cannot hear it. :( I'm testing the reverb in Pd but although I crank
> > up decay times and played with dry/wet I cannot hear a reverb. I can
> > hear a bit of (seemingly high pass) filtering, but no real
> > reverbaration at all. I should hear a hall when selecting say "Smooth
> > Hall", shouldn't I? Changing presets seems to work, as the filtering
> > gets different when changing presets, but here I wouldn't call this a
> > reverb. Maybe someone could provide a small ogg which shows what I
> > should hear?
>
> Is it possible that the comb and/or allpass filters are turned off? I
> don't know how Pd displays plugins (i don't know Pd at all, maybe i should take
> a look) but there should be 4 toggle buttons somewhere saying "Comb
> Filters", "Allpass Filters", "Bandpass Filter", "Enhanced Stereo".
> If all buttons are on, i don't have an idea right now, but think, think...

In Pd, as it cannot use controls with spaces, you send messages like
"control #1 4" to set the first control to 4. I did set the Filter
controls this way to several values like 13 or 17. Should this turn
them on?

BTW: The other TAPs are working fine, http://footils.org/snd/echos.ogg
is a pluck playing through the stereo echo in Pd. (It's a bit big,
7.3M, currently uploading.)

ciao